Thursday, June 23, 2011

Calling All Biker Babes!

Summer is officially here! There’s something about fragrant flowers, birds chirping, and clear blue skies that call upon my inner-kid and sweet talk me into getting outdoors! Or perhaps that’s the sound of the ice cream truck perusing the neighborhood. Either way, it’s time to soak up some vitamin D and get my buns in gear. Literally. Today I’m dusting off the old cruiser and hitting the pavement!

Lea Michele on set for Glee. Photo c/o Idolator

Besides being totally fun, it turns out biking is a great form of exercise and eco-friendly! Did you know the average woman burns about 280 calories per hour on a leisurely ride? Instead of jumping in the car and polluting mother earth, grab your bike and pedal to your friend’s house or the market. The adorable basket upfront can serve as a place to store grocery bags, your purse, or a change of sexy summer shoes!

Plus, it is possible to cycle in style. Sans spandex, I mean. While a dress and high heels certainly aren’t the most functional option, shorts and cute flats are an easy substitute. Try pushing pedals in classic Chuck Taylors, like Miss Lea Michele. Or opt for your favorite sneakers, gladiator sandals, or ballet flats. This week channel your inner-child and lower stress, tone up, and reduce your carbon footprint by biking around your community.

1 comment:

  1. I like this pic!! and yes biking is a great way of exercising! I love going on long bike rides with my son then at the end we have a little picnic just the two of us..I love it.

    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete